About additional modules
In addition to the core Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials we have developed a range of additional modules that can be added to the normal audit process. This offers some great customer advantages:
- Reduce audit burden (and therefore cost) by including requirements that historically needed a separate audit; for example, second party audits.
- Meet specific geographic or customer needs, especially when a brand owner or specifier wants additional requirements to complement the Standard.
- Apply to particular types of operation or look in greater detail at a particular market concern.
How does it work?
When a site wants to adopt any of our additional modules they must notify their chosen certification body in advance of the BRCGS audit.
- The Global Standard and any additional module requirements are audited together – this may increase the total duration of the audit depending on the number of requirements in the additional module.
- Non-conformities for both the Global Standard audit and the additional module will be identified during the audit; however, non-conformities against requirements of the additional module are not included in the assessment of grading for the Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials Issue 5.
- Non-conformities relating to the additional module must be corrected and evidence provided alongside any from the BRCGS audit.
- There is no grading of the additional module, but rather a pass/fail.
Additional Module 8: Environmental Awareness+-
The Environmental Awareness Module has been developed to provide a framework to enable companies to develop an awareness of, and a mechanism for, improvement in their environmental awareness and performance.
The additional module has a scope which is limited to the activities that take place on the site that is under the management or control of the company.