Why BRCGS and ESG Lead?
An ESG platform designed for the food and drink sector
The ESG market, whether consultancies, ratings agencies, data providers or solutions providers, is crowded with new entrants emerging all the time. The majority of food business operators do not have the expertise or dedicated ESG personnel to meet these demands.
ESG Lead bridges the current gap in the food and drink sector – by providing a tool that can be quickly and easily deployed to enable the measurement of ESG impact across the entire supply chain. It is unique in the market for the following 5 reasons:
1. Verified data: Unlike other systems it looks forward, not backwards, and data and improvement plans will be audited.
2. Bespoke best practices: Learn about the importance of business performance as it relates to sustainability and resilience through best practices specifically developed for food businesses, so that users are not providing irrelevant data or being assessed on meaningless sustainability KPIs.
3. Continuous improvement: Measure your current ESG performance against a template of “what good looks like” and advance your ESG performance as the platform drives continuous improvement.
4. Data sharing: Report your ESG status and, more importantly your progress with interested stakeholders
5. Improvement actions are based on ranked best practices to facilitate quick and easy decision-making/resource allocation.
ESG Lead uses robust and tested technology that brings together the expertise of BRCGS, with a track record of developing trusted supply chain assurance solutions, with Ecodesk. Ecodesk has been providing technology and expertise for transparency and performance improvements in global value chains, to drive lasting ESG improvements for some of the most forward-thinking and influential brands over the last 15 years.
Our ambition is to bridge the current ESG gap in the food and drink sector – by providing a tool that can be quickly and easily deployed to enable the measurement of ESG impact across the entire supply chain. ESG LEAD provides critical insight, enabling users to influence change and optimise their supply chains to mitigate their ESG impact.