Issue 3 - Launched 01 October 2021
The new Issue 3 of the Global Standard, Interpretation Guideline and Guide to Key Changes are now available on the BRCGS Store.
The revision and evolution of our Standards are at the heart of our work. By reviewing our standards, we can ensure that they incorporate the latest industry trends and operations, practical experiences and best practices from the industry. The revision process enables us to take into account the changing expectations, regulatory requirements and consumer needs. It provides the opportunity to build on the value that our customers and stakeholders gain from the use of our Standards. There has been a year-on-year increase in the recognition of the Standard, and there are currently around 850 certificated businesses across 27 countries.
Summary of changes
- Consistency with other BRCGS Standards reflecting good practice learnt from other BRCGS Standards.
- Reducing exposure to fraud and providing confidence of robust systems to protect from fraud committed further back in the supply chain.
- Supplier and service provider approval clauses have been expanded.
- Expansion of product safety culture requirements.
- Management of incidents, product recall and product withdrawal to minimise impact.
- Corrective action, preventive action and root cause analysis updates to reflect best practice
- Updates to additional voluntary module on the US Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
Watch our recent webinar which goes into the standard requirements and key changes in more detail.
As with all revisions of our Global Standards, there must be a transition period between publication of the Standard and full implementation of the Standard. Therefore, following the publication on 01 October 2021, certification audits against Issue 3 will commence from 1st April 2022. All certificates issued against audits carried out prior to this date will be against Issue 2 and be valid for the period specified on the certificate.
Issue 3 Training
The best way to familiarise your site with the updated requirements in Issue 3 is to attend a training course with the BRCGS Academy. We now have lots of confirmed dates available on the BRCGS Store. These are in high demand and we only have limited places so book today to guarantee your place.