Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8 Additional Module 11 Meat Supply Chain Assurance
Published:17 August 2018
The additional modules published alongside the Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8 have been designed to reduce multiple audits by covering additional specific geographical or customer requirements and auditing them at the same time as the Global Standards audit.
The Meat Supply Chain Assurance Module has been developed in response to requests from the meat supply chain and its customers and was initiated by the British Meat Processors Association (BMPA) to reduce the audit burden on the meat sector.
Certification to this module in association with the Global Standards for Food Safety Issue 8 is therefore designed to:
• demonstrate good management of the meat supply chain
• provide confidence to customers
• reduce the need for multiple audits of the supply chain
• reduce costs and audit time for meat processors
• ensure a consistent quality to meat supply chain auditing.