Standard: Product Safety Management
Formats Available: Virtual Course
Duration: 2 days
This two-day course addresses one of the key requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8; the adoption and implementation of a hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) system. The course programme reflects the requirements of the standard with regard to the implementation of a HACCP system, and will introduce delegates to the BRCGS requirements, quality systems, HACCP and the background of HACCP, BRCGS and Codex.
This course is part of the BRCGS Professional recognition programme.
This course is aimed at:
- Food site Technical Managers, Quality Managers and quality teams
- Members of food safety management teams implementing HACCP or food safety plans
- Food laboratory directors, managers and technicians
- Consultants and researchers involved in food safety
- Those looking for staff development and/or working towards promotion
At the end of the course, you will:
- Be able to explain the benefits of HACCP and the BRCGS requirements in relation to HACCP
- Be able to describe Codex Alimentarius principles of HACCP
- Be able to describe the reasons HACCP may fail, and the most common BRCGS non-conformities related to HACCP
- Be able to explain the importance of management commitment and prerequisite programmes
- Be able to complete the preparatory stages for developing the HACCP plan
- Be able to conduct a hazard analysis, determine critical control points, and develop a HACCP plan with monitoring, corrective action and verification activities
Our ATPs are BRCGS approved trainers who train auditors, sites, consultants and retailers to our requirements and protocols.