Six reasons to choose this product
1. Better trained auditors
2. Comprehensive global compliance ensures audit consistency
3. Plant-Based complements GFSI-benchmarked Standards
4. Opens new markets and increases business opportunities
5. Identified non-conformities corrected
6. Manufacturers graded for continual improvement
The Standard is based on a comprehensive management system approach and provides a framework for manufacturers to assist them in the production of plant-based food. It includes operational criteria required to be in place to ensure that plant-based products are free of material of animal origin.
Even the most informed consumer may unknowingly consume animal products or ingredients due to the challenge of correctly identifying animal-containing ingredients based on product labeling information alone. The plant-based on-pack trademark will empower consumers to make informed choices quickly and easily. The trademark will allow brands and products to differentiate themselves.
- Promotes a systems-based and facility certification approach to prevent failure
- Is founded upon proven, globally recognized, science-based claim management protocols
- Reduces the risks associated with relying solely on end-product animal input testing
- Complements GFSI-benchmarked Standards
- Combine audits with all existing GFSI-benchmarked Standards
- A global network of trained and approved certification bodies, auditors, and training providers
- Comprehensive support package
- Opens new markets and increases business opportunities
- Increases the availability of plant-based product choices for a growing consumer market
- Builds brand trust by associating plant-based consumer products with an on-pack trademark.
- Provides marketing tools and public recognition on the BRCGS Directory
Listen to our Podcast
Discover the full benefits of becoming a certified site and why brand owners want to serve this consumer trend.