Why Choose the Global Standard for Food Safety?
BRCGS' Global Standard for Food Safety is the number one global market-leading Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) scheme. If you are a specifier, brand and consumer protection will be your number one priority. Supply chain resilience and transparency can be achieved using the Food Safety Standard and reported on the BRCGS Directory.
Built by experts and delivered by highly-qualified auditors who have undergone the most rigorous training and examinations of all of the food safety schemes, to ensure the scheme is the 'gold standard'.
- Protects your brand and consumer.
- Ensures your customers maintain confidence in your food safety programme and supply chain management.
- Accepted and specified by many retailers, manufacturers, ingredients companies, food service organisations and raw material processors worldwide as part of their supplier approval process.
- The first standard to be GFSI-benchmarked.
- The first standard to define food fraud.
- The only standard to offer a food safety culture assessment.
- Use certification as a marketing tool by displaying our logo on your publicity materials, stationery and website.
Achievable and Cost-Effective
- Written by experts and now in its eighth issue.
- Designed to reflect best practice and provide a common sense, risk-based approach to product safety and certification.
- Offers audit options including announced or unannounced audits.
- There is a straightforward certification process which means there are no hidden costs. If your business is prepared and confident about food safety, the only cost will be that of the audit, which is charged at a local rate.
- Reduce waste, complaints, recalls and rejected products.
- Global recognition of the Standard by customers and the portable nature of the product with additional modules reduce audit burden.
Highly-Trained Auditors Worldwide
- Audits carried out by a global network of trained and experienced certification bodies; their performance is managed by BRCGS, unlike other schemes.
- We set exceptionally high standards when it comes to the competence, qualifications and experience of our auditors.
- The first scheme to implement auditor category exams.
- The audit standards and certification process is stringently maintained and consistent worldwide.
Support - When you need it
- Dedicated support available from the BRCGS Technical and Commercial teams.
- Tell US service for sites to feedback auditor comments.
- Established and transparent that ensures any concerns you may have are investigated thoroughly and are vigorously followed up.