Standard: Product Safety Management
Formats Available: Virtual Course
Duration: 1 day
This one-day course will provide you with an understanding of the key components of an environmental monitoring programme to identify potential microbiological risks in production and open product areas. It includes explanation of the different sampling methods and key elements of a corrective action procedure. This is particularly useful when implementing an environmental monitoring programme based on the BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8 requirements and industry best practices.
This course is aimed at:
- Technical and quality personnel
At the end of the course, you will:
- Understand Issue 8 requirements and key components of an environmental monitoring programme, including risk assessment, sampling location, target organisms, test methods, sample frequency, establishing control limits, appropriate corrective action, validation/verification of the programme
- Describe appropriate target organisms and identify suitable sampling locations
- Explain different sampling methods
- Explain appropriate corrective action for environmental monitoring failures
- Develop an environmental monitoring programme based on Issue 8 requirements and industry best practices
Our ATPs are BRCGS approved trainers who train auditors, sites, consultants and retailers to our requirements and protocols.