Standard: Ethical Trade and Responsible Sourcing
Formats Available: Virtual Course
Duration: 3 days
This course is designed to teach the key principles of the Standard, its requirements and audit protocol. Delegates will be trained on the BRCGS audit methodology used to conduct Ethical Trade and Responsible Sourcing (ETRS) audits, whether they are Initial Certification, Surveillance or Recertification, including planning, delivery and reporting.
At the end of the course you will be asssessed with a 50 question exam (pass mark 75%). After successful completion of the auditor training exam, delegates will also need to complete the ETRS risk assessment webinar modules and 20 question assessment; pass mark 75%.
Delegates should download and read a copy of the Global Standard for Ethical Trade & Responsible Sourcing Issue 2 before attending this course. The Standard is available free of charge from the BRCGS Store.
Who should attend?
Qualified and experienced Social Auditors. To audit the Global Standard for Ethical Trade and Responsible Sourcing, you must be an existing social auditor already conducting ethical audits for an approved delivery partner to a recognized methodology or standard (e.g. SMETA, SA8000, BSCI Amfori etc). For more information, please refer to our Auditor Competencies (ET206) to get a full understanding of the knowledge, skills and experience required.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Understand the background of the Standard
- Demonstrate understanding of the requirements and audit protocol
- Describe the format, scope and structure of the Standard
- Identify the audit scope and understand the planning of the audit
- Correctly interpret and audit the requirements of the Standard
- Initiate closing the audit, including next steps and the requirements / deadlines for the submission of corrective/preventative actions
- Understand and apply the BRCGS audit methodology, including how to write the report
- Be able to conduct an ETRS risk assessment
Our ATPs are BRCGS approved trainers who train auditors, sites, consultants and retailers to our requirements and protocols.