Standard: Ethical Trade and Responsible Sourcing
Formats Available: Classroom, Virtual Course
Duration: 2 days
This training course has been designed to provide sites with an in-depth understanding of the interpretation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Ethical Trade and Responsible Sourcing. On completion, delegates will know what specific components are required for an effective ETRS management system.
At the end of the course you will be assessed with a 25 question exam (pass mark 60%).
Delegates should download and read a copy of the Global Standard for Ethical Trade & Responsible Sourcing Issue 2 before attending this course. The Standard is available as a free download from the BRCGS Store.
Who should attend?
Technical Managers, Quality Managers, Human Resource practitioners, employee representatives and representatives from senior management that are involved with, responsible for and who manage labour standards, workers' health, safety, welfare or human rights.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Understand the background and key principles of the Standard
- Know how to plan for an audit, including the determination of its scope
- Understand how to interpret the requirements of the Standard and how they should inform a site’s ETRS management system
- Have an overview of the audit methodology used by BRCGS auditors to establish a site’s conformity with the Standard’s requirements. For example, through the documentation review, site tour, management and worker interviews.
- Understand what to do following audit, including the requirements for corrective / preventative actions, root cause analysis and the timelines for the submission of evidence
- Know how to report issues and use BRCGS resources
- Understand the purpose of the BRCGS compliance programme
Our ATPs are BRCGS approved trainers who train auditors, sites, consultants and retailers to our requirements and protocols.