Standard: Food Safety
Formats Available: Classroom, Virtual Course
Duration: 2 days
This course enables participants to discuss the changes from Global Standard Food Safety Issue 8 to 9 and reinforce understanding of the general principles of the requirements of the Standard. Participants should also improve competence to assess compliance to the requirements of the Standard, including fundamental clauses, statements of intent, how to undertake a BRCGS audit, planning of the audit and reporting of the audit.
Active learning will be used throughout the course utilising case study based activities to encourage critical thinking and help explain how auditors will audit against the Standard.
In preparation for the course, participants must read and review a copy of the Standard including the glossary, which is available as a free download from the BRCGS Store, in addition to the pre-course materials provided. Participants must have working knowledge of the Global Standard Food Safety Issue 8 and it is assumed participants have already met the prerequisite criteria for auditor training.
At the end of the course, participants will be assessed with an exam. This course is part of the BRCGS Professional recognition programme.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Explain the requirements of the Standard
- Identify and explain the changes to the Standard from Issue 8
- Assess compliance to the requirements of the Standard and explain how compliance can be demonstrated to maintain food safety, quality, legality, and authenticity
- Describe the scope of companies and products covered by the Standard
- Describe steps to conduct a BRCGS audit including the preparation, planning, and reporting of the audit
- Explain resource tools available for compliance and support from BRCGS
Our ATPs are BRCGS approved trainers who train auditors, sites, consultants and retailers to our requirements and protocols.