Standard: Gluten Free
Formats Available: Classroom, Virtual Course
Duration: 1 day
This training course has been designed for new or existing Gluten-Free Certification Program customers to help gain an appreciation of celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity, understand the Gluten-Free Certification Program Global Standard requirements and to provide guidance on implementing a preventative, risk-based Gluten-Free Management System.
This training will also explain the process that a business will need to follow in order to become a certified Gluten-Free site.
Key learning objectives:
- Identify the impact that celiac disease has on individuals and demonstrate an understanding of why the food industry is required to manage gluten
- Explain the concept of cross contact and the potential for cross contact in a food production process
- Outline key legal requirements relating to gluten-free labelling
- Identify different gluten controls that must be implemented as part of a gluten-free management system
- Outline the importance of prerequisite programs in safeguarding a gluten-free site
- Describe the process for obtaining certification to the Gluten-free Certification Program Global Standard
- Understand the protocol for audits to the Standard
Our ATPs are BRCGS approved trainers who train auditors, sites, consultants and retailers to our requirements and protocols.