Standard: Product Safety Management
Formats Available: Virtual Course
Duration: 2 days
This hazard analysis and risk-based preventive controls (HARPC) course will cover the similarities and differences between requirements of the BRCGS Standard for Food Safety and the Food Safety Modernization Act's (FSMA) Preventive Controls rule. The HARPC plan for any food manufacturing site is the core of their entire food safety program. HARPC encompasses far more in the way of food safety assessment and control than a traditional hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) plan.
BRCGS Standards' HARPC course is not a substitute for the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Preventive Controls course.
This course is part of the BRCGS Professional recognition programme.
This course is aimed at:
- Staff responsible for developing, and the day-to-day management of, the HARPC plan
- Corporate staff overseeing HARPC systems and HACCP team members
At the end of the course, you will:
- Understand how the BRCGS Standard for Food Safety aligns with FSMA’s Preventive Controls rule
- Be able to explain the BRCGS Standards and HARPC requirements for development and management of a food safety plan
- Have learned how to adapt a BRCGS Standards food safety management system (FSMS) to meet Preventive Controls regulation
- Be able to review common non-conformities related to HACCP and HARPC found in BRCGS Standards audits
- Be able to review risk analysis principles
Our ATPs are BRCGS approved trainers who train auditors, sites, consultants and retailers to our requirements and protocols.