Given the importance of safety in the sectors covered by our Standards, and its associated impact on consumer trust, the implementation of an effective confidential reporting system is now a requirement of several of our Global Standards.
If you are an HR or legal professional looking for new solutions to identify misconduct and protect your organisation against reputational damage BRCGS Business Case for Confidential Reporting can help you calculate the ROI of implementing a whistleblowing system specific to your organisation.
We've recently published a white paper outlining four steps to an effective whistleblowing system, which you may find helpful if:
- you're in the process of selecting a confidential reporting solution to comply with Issue 8 of the Global Standard for Food Safety or Issue 1 of the Global Standard for Ethical Trade and Responsible Sourcing;
- you're thinking about a change of provider; or
- you just want to make your existing system better.
Private legal entities within EU Member States with 50 or more employees
must be ready to comply with the new EU Whistleblower Protection Directive
no later than April 2021.
An effective internal confidential reporting channel:
- Complies with the EU Whistleblower Protection Directive in terms of offering secure, two-way anonymous communication between the whistleblower and the organisation to ensure reporting is possible without fear of retaliation.
- Allows your organisation to deal with any wrongdoing internally before it reaches the public domain.
- Supports employee engagement by enabling staff to provide both positive and negative feedback to the organisation.
HOW WE CAN HELP
With our partner Got Ethics we provide a technically advanced, secure and cost-effective confidential reporting and case management solution which improves accessibility and increases take-up.
Recently, Got Ethics A/S has achieved ISO 27001 certification, one of the most internationally accepted information security standards which defines how an organization should manage and treat information more securely, including applicable security controls. Follow the links to view their the ISO certificate and Statement of Applicability (SoA).
As part of your overall governance, risk and compliance programme, our confidential reporting system helps you to ensure you stay on the right side of compliance through open feedback.
- provides an easy and effective means for your employees and third parties to securely report ethical issues;
- supports your investigations; and
- delivers valuable insights to inform your planning.