Given the importance of safety in the sectors covered by our Standards, and its associated impact on consumer trust, the implementation of an effective confidential reporting system is clearly a worthwhile investment and is now a requirement of several of our Global Standards.
If you are an HR or legal professional looking for new solutions to identify misconduct and protect your organisation against reputational damage please register to arrange a free consultation.
We've recently published a white paper outlining four steps to an effective whistleblowing system, which you may find helpful if:
- you're in the process of selecting a confidential reporting solution to comply with Issue 8 of the Global Standard for Food Safety or Issue 1 of the Global Standard for Ethical Trade and Responsible Sourcing;
- you're thinking about a change of provider; or
- you just want to make your existing system better.
Private legal entities within EU Member States with 50 or more employees
must be ready to comply with the new EU Whistleblower Protection Directive
no later than April 2021.
An effective internal confidential reporting channel:
- Complies with the EU Whistleblower Protection Directive in terms of offering secure, two-way anonymous communication between the whistleblower and the organisation to ensure reporting is possible without fear of retaliation.
- Allows your organisation to deal with any wrongdoing internally before it reaches the public domain.
- Supports employee engagement by enabling staff to provide both positive and negative feedback to the organisation.
HOW WE CAN HELP
With our partner Got Ethics we provide a technically advanced, secure and cost-effective confidential reporting and case management solution which improves accessibility and increases take-up.
As part of your overall governance, risk and compliance programme, our confidential reporting system helps you to ensure you stay on the right side of compliance through open feedback.
- provides an easy and effective means for your employees and third parties to securely report ethical issues;
- supports your investigations; and
- delivers valuable insights to inform your planning.
Articles of interest
Get more background on whistleblower policies and their impact worldwide.
- New Whistleblower Directive is Finally Adopted
- Food Safety 8: Does your whistleblowing system cut the mustard?
- Australian Whistleblower Legislation